Is it time to start looking for a Senior Living option? Deciding which type of senior care is right for you can be stressful. Understanding your options can help. Keep reading to learn more.
Senior Care vs. Senior Living
The term “Senior Care” encompasses a wide range of services designed to improve seniors’ quality of life. It can include medical and assistive care as well as entire living communities designed to create peace of mind, medical care, and social living.
Senior Living is a specific type of senior care that offers a community or home environment with plenty of activities. Both options provide social opportunities as well as care services that seniors can access as their care needs progress.
Types of Senior Care
Depending on their individual needs, seniors have several different care options:
- Independent Living: Independent Living communities allow seniors who don’t need medical assistance to live in a community where typically a certain number of meals are provided daily/monthly and the focus is primarily on keeping an individual social with others.
- Assisted Living & Memory Care: Assisted Living and Memory Care communities provide a 24/7 care experience for seniors who require daily care assistance due to physical or cognitive needs. They also provide a sense of community similar to Independent Living centers so that individuals remain active and engaged with others.
- Adult Day Programs: Adult Day programs support families by offering senior activities during weekdays and typical working hours. They provide social, recreational, nutritional, and physical services to seniors and some may offer transport to and from the program.
- In-Home Care: In-Home care is an excellent option for seniors who simply could benefit from occasional assistance with daily tasks, without a change in their living location.
- Hospice Care: Hospice Care is for those clients facing a life-limiting illness and not wishing to take an aggressive or curative approach to their care. It provides the client with care, comfort, and dignity while providing support to their family as well.
Finding The Right Senior Care Option
Deciding on the right care option for you, your spouse, or a loved one can be stressful. It can often seem like a make-or-break decision, which is why we want to give you the tools you need to make the best choice. Here are some quick tips on finding the right senior care:
- Determine the level and type of care required.
- Set your budget.
- Create a list of must-haves and wants.
At All About You , our Senior Placement Specialists have in-depth experience in the Senior Living selection process. We use a unique method and senior care assessment that we created ourselves to get to know you and your needs so that we can find you the best place possible for you, your family, and your budget.
Call or Email to Get Started
At All About You Placement, we have a team of Senior Care experts committed to your comfort and peace of mind. We’re a privately owned Senior Placement service that employs teammates, not contractors. Our team has over 50 years of combined experience in the senior healthcare industry, and we set high standards for our team so that you can get the absolute best experience possible. We work with families to help them find the best type of senior care.
Getting started with our team is easy. Simply reach out to us by phone or email today, and we can start the process!